Rabuka: Why We’re Losing Confidence In Supervisor Of Elections, Electoral Commission
4. Refusal of the Electoral Commission to confirm that a print out by polling station of announced results during Provisional mode will be provided to party agents present at the National Result Center.
10. Refusal of the Electoral Commission to approve access to the Regional Hubs by party polling agents to observe the opening of ballot boxes by Presiding Officers.
11. Refusal of the Electoral Commission to confirm that counting at all Polling Stations will begin at 6.00pm on Polling Day. Electoral Commission has confirmed that this is the case at the National Count Center but refuses to confirm the same for all polling stations on polling day.
12. Refusal of the Electoral Commission to explain the involvement of NADRA with Fiji’s elections especially after the recent Pakistan elections where it is under various investigations for irregularities.
16. Parties are gravely concerned about the Supervisor of Elections recent warning on voter education by Civil Society Organisations.
They are also of the view that the credibility, impartiality and independence of the two constitutional offices have been compromised.